The YAG laser is a solid laser that uses yttrium aluminum garnet as its core. The chemical formula of yttrium aluminum garnet is Y3Al5O15. Similar to other solid-state lasers, the fundamental components of the YAG laser are the laser’s functioning product as well as the pump’s unified resonance cavity.
Classification of YAG laser
However, as a result of the activation of doping ions in the crystal, different types of pump sources are used, and the pump, which is handled differently by the cavity framework, is different. The device’s other useful structures, the YAG laser, can be separated into a variety of things.
- According to the output waveform, it can be split right into constant wave frequency YAG lasers, YAG lasers, and also pulse lasers, etc.;
- According to the functioning wavelength, it can be split right into 1.06 μm YAG lasers, frequency-doubled YAG lasers, Raman regularity change YAG lasers, and also tunable YAG lasers, and so on.
- Various dopings can be split into Nd:YAG laser, doped Ho, Tm, Er and so on;
- According to the crystal form, it can be split into a bar as well as a strip YAG laser. The various output powers can be split into high-power and tiny-power YAG lasers.
Er:YAG crystal comes from the cubic crystal system, an appealing solid laser material in the mid-infrared band, which can output laser of three wavelengths at area temperature level: 1.64 μm, 1.78 μm and 2.94 μm, amongst which 1.64 μm and 1.78 μm remain in the secure band of human eyes, 2.94 μm remains in the hydroxyl absorption top as well as can be strongly taken in by biological tissues, so it has a good application prospect in laser medication, laser interaction, laser distance measurement, and so on.
Nd:YAG is just one of the laser crystals with outstanding detailed performance as well as crucial applications. As a result of its superior standard properties, it is widely used in industrial, medical, armed forces as well as scientific research study areas.
Nd:YAG crystal Advantages:
- High optical top quality, low loss
- High gain, low limit, high efficiency
- Appropriate for high ordinary power solid state laser
- High mechanical stamina, excellent thermal conductivity and also thermal shock resistance
- Suitable for all laser functioning settings (continuous, pulse, Q switch, setting locking, frequency doubling, etc.)
Tm: YAG crystal, thulium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet crystal. Ideal thulium crystal rod medium for Tm:YAG crystals with a 2-micron wavelength thulium laser source. The self-quenching device of Tm: YAG crystals in the H4 and F4 degrees can produce two-photon excitation in the top degree, potentially providing an efficient method for the laser to achieve high quantum effectiveness.
Tm:YAG crystals are commonly used in LiDAR and other atmospheric detection fields due to their operating wavelength of 1350 nm.
Tm:YAG has the complying with characteristics:
- Tm has a fluorescence lifetime of 9.2 ms at 6%.
- A Tm:YAG crystal is two times as long as a Tm:YAP crystal.
- Tm:YAG crystals produce a somewhat reduced cross-sectional location than Tm: YAP crystals.
- The optimal absorption band is 785nm.
- Better for the pump of the semiconductor diode.
Advantages of YAG laser
YAG laser light beam quality is excellent and has the advantages of high performance, low cost, stability, safety, accuracy, and high integrity. A straight port is tiny in specific applications, making use of YAG laser devices and also handling rate, high effectiveness, as well as far better economic benefit. The cut surface is smooth and can get a larger depth-to-diameter ratio, as well as the warm contortion, deep vast, can be hard, breakable, as well as soft on different products such as handling. There is no device wear or replacement. No mechanical comes to be very easy to automate. High processing pump efficiency can be achieved under unique problems, as much as around 20%. With the effectiveness renovation, the laser medium’s heat tons reduces. Therefore, it significantly boosts the high quality of the beam’s lengthy life, high integrity, tiny dimension, lightweight, and also suitable for miniaturization applications.
YAG laser appropriates for laser cutting, welding, and exploration of metal materials: such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum as well as alloy, copper and also alloy, titanium as well as alloy, nickel-molybdenum alloy and various other materials. Commonly used in aviation, aerospace, weapons, ships, petrochemical, clinical, instrumentation, microelectronics, auto and also other markets, it boosts processing high quality and also working efficiency. Furthermore, the YAG laser can also offer a specific as well as rapid research study method for clinical research study.
Working mode of YAG laser
Compared with other lasers, the YAG laser can work in two modes: pulsed as well as continuous. Its pulse result can be acquired by Q-switching as well as mod-locking innovation to ensure that its processing range is larger than that of a CO2 laser. The result wavelength of the YAG laser is 1.06 um, which is simply one order of size smaller than the wavelength of the CO2 laser 10.06 um, so it has high combining effectiveness with steel and great handling performance. The most essential is that the YAG laser can be paired with fiber. With the help of time and power division, a multiplexing system can easily transmit a laser beam of light to multiple terminals or long-distance terminals, which is convenient for laser handling to achieve adaptability.